Monday 18 November 2013

A new venture

So I’ve started another blog. Why I hear you ask? Well it’s because I now have plenty of experience blogging (see Henry Vill and WorkplaceUnlimited), but very little experience brewing. You see I have invested my hard earned cash, my children’s inheritance as Theo Paphitis would say, in a new microbrewery in Berkhamsted. As a newbie brewer (technically a non-brewer) my focus will be on marketing and sales. I’m assured that my fellow investors, supported by various consultants, can brew beer – but like at Dyson I think we all need to brew our beer at least once and I suspect I won’t get away with not occasionally washing and humping barrels.

The microbrewery currently doesn’t exist, but it’s more than a pipedream as we have raised the cash to build it without having to trouble the banks. This blog will basically track the set-up of our new microbrewery from scratch. As the number of microbreweries in the UK is still increasing (currently around 1,150), I am hoping this blog will be useful to those dipping their toe into beer, metaphorically not literally. Drinkers of our beers may also enjoy reading about how we got going and wish to learn a little more about Haresfoot Brewery.

Starting this blog today is pretty random, there is no marked occasion or milestone. My colleagues have been talking about setting up a brewery for several years and we have been seeking a site and establishing our business plan for around six months. But today is as good as any day to start blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment