Thursday 28 November 2013

Who are you?

I think yesterday’s newspaper article clearly explains why my co-investors and I are setting up a microbrewery. It’s more to do with being involved in the community and producing a tangible product (rather than pushing bits of information around the ether), but it’s also a sound business opportunity.

The article focussed on me, despite me naming my co-conspirators. So I will name them here and now: Scott Carter, Simon Spurling, Nick Heath, George Harvey, Philip Wilton, Martin Filippides and Keith Holmes. They are all experienced independent business men living in or around Berkhamsted. That last sentence sounds a bit like a dating site advert so let me rephrase:  they are a bunch of nice blokes who enjoy a beer.

The majority of us met through the Berkhamsted 360 network and the Berkhamsted Afternoonin the Pub. We have come to know and trust each other over a couple of years. I was once told "only go into business with someone you wold go on holiday with" and these guys qualify on that basis. A key thing about such a large group is that we have a wide range of skils and interests, from brewing beer to HR to H&S to property to marketing to social media to sales.

I am fairly confident that it is unique for eight investors to start up a microbrewery together. But do let me know if there are any other examples out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment